After setting up a Netgear wireless range extender, you can enjoy seamless internet on any WiFi-compatible device. But, it can be tiresome if your iPhone is not connecting to your extender’s network. There can be various reasons behind this. But, whatever the reason might be, this write-up will provide you with various troubleshooting hacks that will help you fix the ‘iPhone not connecting to the Netgear extender’s network’ issue.
But, before we start with the tips to resolve the issue, let’s find out how to connect your iPhone to the Netgear extender’s WiFi network.
How to Connect iPhone to Netgear Extender’s Network?
- Unlock your iPhone and navigate to its Settings.
- Ensure that the WiFi is turned on.
- Look for the extender’s Netgear_ext SSID on the network list.
- Lastly, enter the password of your Netgear extender’s WiFi and connect your iPhone to the extender.
On the off chance, if your iPhone is still not connecting to the Netgear extender’s network, then follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips to fix the issue.
Fixed: iPhone Not Connecting to Netgear Extender’s Network
- Enter the Correct WiFi Password
Users are unable to connect their iPhone to the Netgear extender’s network due to an incorrect WiFi password. Chances are that you have entered the incorrect WiFi password. Therefore, we recommend you cross-check the password you’ve entered. The Netgear extender’s WiFi passphrase is case-sensitive. So, you should be careful while typing it.
If you don’t know the correct WiFi password, then you can confirm it by accessing the mywifiext page on your computer.
- Change the Extender’s Position
Is your Netgear extender placed in the correct position? Probably not. Changing the position of your Netgear extender can help you fix the ‘iPhone not connecting to Netgear extender’s network’ issue. So, look if there is any WiFi interference device like Bluetooth speaker, baby monitor, microwave oven, cordless phone, etc. near your extender. If it is, place your extender away from it.
Also, remember to place your Netgear extender and router in the same room so that the extender can easily detect the router’s WiFi signals.
- Scan Your iPhone
A virus on your iPhone may prevent it from connecting to the Netgear extender’s network. Therefore, run a scan on your iPhone to check if there is any virus on it. If there is any corrupted file on your iPhone, remove it as soon as possible. Once done, try reconnecting your iPhone to the extender’s WiFi network.
Besides, we advise you to disable the VPN or proxy servers because they can also contribute to the ‘iPhone not connecting to Netgear extender’s network’ issue.
- Upgrade Netgear Extender’s Firmware
An outdated version of your extender’s firmware might also be one of the factors that are not letting your iPhone connect to the extender’s network. So, perform Netgear extender firmware update as soon as possible.
Here are the do-follow instructions to update your WiFi device:
- Turn on your Netgear wireless range extender and allow the power LED to become stable.
- Thereafter, connect your Netgear extender and router with a wired connection.
- Once your WiFi devices are connected properly, switch on your computer.
- Now, launch an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.250 in it.
- Press the Enter key.
- Enter the default username and password of your Netgear wireless range extender when prompted to log in.
- Click the login button.
- Look for the Settings menu.
- Once there, click Firmware Update.
- On the Firmware Update page, click Check Online.
- If a new version of firmware is available for your Netgear extender, follow the on-screen prompts and update your WiFi device.
Performing a Netgear extender firmware update will surely resolve the issue for you. So, reconnect your iPhone to the Netgear extender’s network name and enjoy surfing online.
Our troubleshooting guide to fix the ‘iPhone not connecting to Netgear extender’s network’ issue ends here. We hope that this article will help you in doing so.